Choose the single most important panel from today’s chapter of Maus. Then write a brief paragraph about that panel:
- In about one sentence describe the panel (size, shape, what’s in it, etc)
- Very, very briefly describe what’s happening in the panel and how it fits into the narrative of the chapter.
- Then write a few sentences in which you explain what about this panel makes it so important for you.
Once you have published your literacy narrative as a page on your site, you’ll need to publish a post about the narrative that links to the page. That post serves three fundamental functions:
- it provides a compelling preview of your narrative that summarizes the controlling idea of your narrative in a sentence or two;
- it reflects on what you have learned in the process of writing your technology literacy narrative;
- when your post syndicates to the class site, that constitutes turning in your narrative.
Some questions to consider in your reflection:
- What was your writing process for this narrative like? Did it feel strange for you to do the freewriting exercise first? How did the freewriting influence the essay you eventually wrote?
- What did you learn about yourself by the end of writing your narrative? Was there anything that you found surprising, or something about yourself that you came to view differently in the process of writing this essay?
- What sentence from your essay do you think someone else reading it would identify as the most interesting sentence?